The following videos show several prototypes designed for the ceramic industry. Several publications and awards resulted from these efforts which are also here briefly presented.
University of Coimbra iTunesU Channel
More videos here:
- M.Sc. thesis “Um Sistema de des-paletização para empresas do sector cerâmico”, Universidade de Coimbra, setembro de 2004;
- Pires, JN, Paulo, Sérgio, “High efficient robotic de-palletizing system for the non-flat ceramic industry”, ICRA 2003 – IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Taiwan, September 2003;
- Pires, JN, Paulo, Sérgio, “Robotic de-palletizing System for the non-flat Ceramic Industry”, Industrial Robot, An International Journal, Vol. 30, Nº2, pp.152-158, MCB University Press, 2003;
- Pires, JN, Sérgio, P., “Complete robotic inspection line using PC-based control, supervision and parameterization software“, Elsevier Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Vol. 21, Number 1, February 2005;
- Pires, JN, Sá da Costa, JMG, “Object-Oriented and Distributed Approach for Programming Robotic Manufacturing Cells“, IFAC Journal Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Volume 16, Number 1, pp. 29-42, March 2000 (DOI: 10.1016/S0736-5845(99)00039-3);
- Pires, JN, “Object‐oriented and distributed programming of robotic and automation equipment”, Industrial Robot, An International Journal, MCB University Press, July 2000 (IF 2016: 1,213)
- Pires, JN, “Handling production changes on-line: example using a robotic palletizing system for the automobile glass industry”, Assembly Automation Journal, MCB University Press, July 2004 (Volume 24, Number 3), 2004;
- Pires, JN, “Semi-autonomous manufacturing systems: the role of the HMI software and of the manufacturing tracking software”, Elsevier and IFAC Journal Mechatronics, Vol. 15, Number 10, 2005;
- Pires, JN, “Interfacing industrial robotic systems with manufacturing tracking and control software: a choice for semi‐autonomous manufacturing systems”, Volume 32, nº3, Industrial Robot, An International Journal, MCB University Press., 2005;
- “Welding Robots, Tecnology, Systems Issues and Applications”, 1st edition, J. Norberto Pires et al, 978-1-85233-953-1 (Printed version) 978-1-84628-191-4 (Online eBook version), Springer, London (UK), 2006;
- “Industrial Robots Programming, Building Applications for the Factories of the Future”, 1st edition. J. Norberto Pires, ISBN: 978-0-387-23325-3 (Printed version) 978-0-387-23326-0 (Online eBook version), Springer, New-York (USA), 2007;
- “Automação industrial”, 5ª edição, revista e aumentada, J. Norberto Pires, ISBN: 978-972-8480-31-8, Lidel, 2012.
Frost & Sullivan technology allert